11 of Kobe Bryant’s most inspirational quotes
- Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash. He was 41.
- Bryant was one of the NBA’s greatest players and known for a relentless work ethic.
- Read below for 11 inspiring quotes from Bryant on hard work and success.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more.
Kobe Bryant was one of nine people killed in a helicopter crash. He was 41. His 13-year-old daughter Gianna was also killed in the crash.
Bryant was one of the greatest NBA players of all-time and an icon in the sports world. In addition to his success on the basketball court, Bryant was known for a ceaseless work ethic and incredible drive.
In honor of Bryant’s legacy, here are 11 inspiring quotes from Bryant on hard work, success, and life.
Kobe Bryant on achieving success:
“When you make a choice and say, ‘Come hell or high water, I am going to be this,’ then you should not be surprised when you are that. It should not be something that is intoxicating or out of character because you have seen this moment for so long that … when that moment comes, of course it is here because it has been here the whole time, because it has been [in your mind] the whole time.”
Source: Showtime’s “Muse”
His advice to Gordon Hayward about returning rehabbing an injury:
AP Photo/Rick Bowmer
“Reality gives nothing back and nor should you. Time to move on and focus on doing everything in your power to prepare for surgery, ask all the questions to be sure you understand fully the procedure so that you may visualize it in your subconscious while being operated on and better the chance of it’s success. Then focus on the recovery process day by day by day. It’s a long journey but if you focus on the mini milestones along the way you will find beauty in the struggle of doing simple things that prior to this injury were taken for granted. This will also mean that when you return you will have a new perspective. You will be so appreciative of being able to stand, walk, run that you will train harder than you ever have. You see the belief within you grow with each mini milestone and you will come back a better player for it.”
On the challenge of coming back from injuries:
Matt Slocum/AP Images
“The process of it [drives me to come back]. I want to see if I can. I don’t know if I can. I want to find out. I want to see. I’m going to do what I always do: I’m going to break it down to its smallest form, smallest detail, and go after it. Day by day, one day at a time.”
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Andrew Luck’s 2012 NFL draft was filled with big-name QBs and teams hit the jackpot in later rounds
- WHERE ARE THEY NOW? The last 30 QBs taken in the first round of the NFL Draft and how this year’s crop compares
- We tried the alcohol diet Tom Brady put Rob Gronkowski on, and it was a lot harder than we imagined
via Business Insider https://ift.tt/3d03ts7